Problem at work: where to go for help?
In the first instance talk to your direct supervisor or superior.
If this is difficult, there are other places you can turn to:
- If you are a PhD student, talk to the Graduate School Coordinator confidentially.
- All GIUZ members can talk to one of our Confidential Advice Team.
Tasks (PDF, 140 KB)
Ilja van Meerveld
- If you need help resolving an issue with a superior, then the Head of Department is your point of contact.
- The University provides an Employee Assistance Office (MBS), who can give you confidential, independent advice.
- The Faculty of Science has an Ombudsperson ("Person of trust") who you can consult.
Further information for doctoral students
Zurich Graduate School in Geography/Earth System Science: Help & Advice
GIUZ Statement of Professional Ethics
The Department of Geography strives to provide an equal and inclusive learning, working, and living environment and recognizes that this involves a variety of ethical considerations.
Endorsed by Departmental Assembly (Institutsversammlung) on 7 May 2020.
Statement of Professional Ethics (PDF, 51 KB)
UZH Gender Equality and Diversity
The University of Zurich is committed to the active and systematic promotion of diversity and prevention of discrimination.