Specialized Master in GIScience
Increasing urbanization and mobility, multiple social networks and health data, accelerating climate change and natural disasters; all bring with them fundamental research challenges and ever increasing volumes of spatial data.
Geographic Information Science (GIScience for short) is at the core of research on theories, methods and tools to analyse and understand events, patterns and processes occurring in space and time.
By studying GIScience you will learn the fundamental properties of (geographic) space; how to model space; how to analyse spatial and temporal processes and relationships; how to deal with spatial data; and how to measure and interpret spatial behaviour.
After finishing your degree you will be an expert in spatial data handling and analysis, data visualization, and geocomputation. You will be able to find exciting, challenging positions in academia, industry, and government.
Characterization of the Master's program
- Clear specialization and qualification in your field of interest
- Excellent mentoring opportunities from a broad set of expertise
- Exclusive access to the courses "Fundamental Challenges in GIScience" and "Project Planning, Execution and Management"
- Possibility to choose from a rich palette of core elective courses on a broad range of GIScience topics
- Extended master thesis opportunity with research focus (45 ECTS credits)
- Collaboration in national and international projects and working at the research front
Find more information about our Specialized Master's program in GIScience: