- You fulfill the university regulations for the admission to the specialized Master’s program.
- You have successfully completed a Bachelor’s degree in Geography or in relevant neighbouring disciplines with achievement above average.
- You have specific previous knowledge depending on the planned specialization.
Before the deadline, please submit the following documents (in English) to email@example.com:
- a letter of motivation explaining why you want to do a Specialized Master's in Zurich;
- your CV: including academic career, any work experience you may have, and relevant extracurricular activities;
- a transcript of your Bachelor's degree or a current transcript of your study records;
- a reference letter by a member of teaching staff who can report on your study performance at your current university (not necessary for students with a Bachelor's degree from the Department of Geography UZH, Geography as Major)
- contact details of two additional references (not necessary for students with a Bachelor's degree from the Department of Geography UZH, Geography as Major).
- For the regular admission at the University of Zurich, non-native-English-speaking applicants are furthermore required to submit an English certificate. If the applicant shows sufficient English skills and knowledge during the interview, the programme manager can approve of the admission without respective certificate. Recognized English Certificates
The application process is competitive, a selection panel will assess and rank each application. Candidates who pass the formal requirements will be invited to an interview.
For applicants who are in their Bachelor studies in the year of application a 'conditional acceptance' is possible. This means that the applicant is accepted under the condition that he/she successfully completes his/her Bachelor's studies before the beginning of the Master's studies.
Timelines for the next application period
Application at the Department of Geography: Electronic submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Check of the application documents||Department of Geography||First half of February 18|
|Interviews||Candidate / Admission Committee||Second half of February 18|
|Notification of acceptance||Department of Geography||Begin of March|
|Nomination of selected candidates to the Admissions Office and Faculty of Science||
Department of Geography
|Begin of March|
Regular application at the University of Zurich (for applicants who need a visa)
Regular application at the University of Zurich (for applicants who don't need a visa)
|Notification of the Admission's Office with login information||Admissions Office||Jul/Aug 18|
|Start of studies and signing of Specialized Master's Agreement Form, Part A1||Candidate||Mid of September 18|